Each location icon on the map shows the following information:
- The number of shoots for each location
- The production names of each shoot
- The rank of each location where #1 has the most shoots in Altadena
Note: The data was not obtained directly from FilmLA, however, their representative has acknowledged that they are the source of this data.
A few statistics derived from the map
- Total permits listed: 1435
- Permits were issued to 387 unique locations
- 40% of the permits were issued to 15
- On average, 478 permits were issued each year or about 10 permits per week. If film companies remain on location an average 2.5 days, there are an average 25 film shoot days per week or about 5 shoots occurring on any given day in Altadena.
- 40% of the film permits were issued to 4% of the listed locations
- 96% of the locations that were issued permits for hosting film shoots received 3 permits or less in a year.
- 12 locations were issued, on average, 7 or more permits per year
Want to see the whole shebang?Here's a link to a document that summarizes all permits/location
Here's a link to document that list of all productions by name
If you have Google Earth, you can get a better view. Here's a .kmz file